Quiz Number #402
1. Spelling: Spelling – manoeuvre
2. Braga is a city in which European country?
3. Which of the 4 main Teletubbies is first alphabetically?
4. Damon Hill won the F1 World Title in which decade?
5. Filming for Indiana Jones film has been taking place in Glasgow. This will be what number in the series?
6. COP26 is being held in Glasgow this year. What does COP stand for?
Conference of the Parties
7. What name is given to the crossbreed dog created by crossing the Labrador Retriever and the Standard Miniature Poodle?
8. Lyrics, which song opens with the words – “Hell is gone and heaven’s here. There’s nothing left for you to fear”?
Let Me Entertain You
9. What was the name of the suffragette who killed herself walking in front of the horses at the 1913 Derby?
10. If a captain is facing forward driving his ship and refers to starboard, would it be his / her left, right, front or back?
11. Kopparberg is a popular cider, which country does it originate?
1. The plane known as the Dreamliner, is a type Boeing _ _ _ ?
2. Split music. 70s Who had a 1976 hit with Dancing With The Captain. | Title of Lewis Capaldi’s only studio album to date.
Paul Nicholas | Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent
3. Which Peter Pan character shares it’s name with an online social networking service. The spelling may differ?
4. Where in the body would you find rods and cones?
5. There are around 25 permanent Madame Tussauds museums around the world. How many are there in Britain?
2 (London & Blackpool)
6. The name of which Italian dessert, when translated means “cooked cream”?
7. Which Public-private partnership is the main air navigation service provider in the United Kingdom?
8. Wilhelm Röntgen was a German/Dutch mechanical engineer and physicist, who in the 1890s was key in developing which practice used in hospitals?
9. Which animal features in the logo for the World Wildlife Fund?
10. What European country occupies most of the Jutland peninsula?
11. Which number in bingo is often referred to as Gandhi’s breakfast?
1. In 2024 which city will host the Summer Olympics, their 3rd time doing so?
2. Long Division – (59 x 33) 1947 divided by 59?
3. Which wallo was built by the Roman Empire between Firth of Forth and the Firth of Clyde in AD 142?
4. If you had a Gnomon in your garden – it would serve what practical purpose?
Tell the Time
5. On the 5 basic taste senses, which is a Japanese word that is used for savoriness? Sweetness, Sourness, Bitterness, Saltiness
6. The Man Who Died Twice & The Thursday Murder Club are novels by which author?
7. EuroMillions is played in nine countries. Austria, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK and where?
8. Who was the last Scottish player to win The Open?
9. Misty Meadows, Craggy Cliffs, Lazy Lake & Holly Hedges are all fictional locations in what series?
10. What was the name of the snake (Indian python) in Disney’s Jungle Book?