Quiz Number #401
1. Spelling – taxiing (as in plane taxiing towards the terminal)
2. Lyrics: First 3 words of Sweet Caroline?
Where it began
3. Who won the 2021 ladies singles title at Wimbledon?
4. Rules of the Highway Code. What is the speed limit for cyclists? 20mph 30 mph no limit set?
No Limit Set
5. In finance CPI stands for what?
Consumer Price Index
6. Andy Burnham is the mayor of Manchester. He held cabinet roles such as Health Secretary & Culture Secretary under which Prime Minister?
7. Which courrier company describe themselves as “The Parcel People”?
8. What is the name of the current first lady of the United States?
9. Who was the original presenter of Wheel of Fortune (British game show) 1988 – 1996?
10. Which actress plays the title role in the current Marvel series films Black Widow?
11. In UK Mattress Sizes, which is bigger. Super King or Emprorer?
1. Which country was disqualified from Euro 92, which allowed Denmark to enter?
2. Turn Back The Clock & I Don’t Want To Be A Hero were 80’s hits for which act?
Johnny Hates Jazz
3. Limescale is more likely to form in places exposed to what type of water? Hard Water < Soft Water Distilled water
Hard Water <
4. Which brand used the famous advertising slogan “Welcome To The Latin Quarter?”?
5. In a lifeguarded area of a beach, the safest place to swim is signaled with a flag diplaying which 2 colours?
Red & Yellow
6. According to the Scottish saying ““a nod’s as guid as a wink tae a ” what? (meaning, explain yourself properly)
7. Tyson Fury tested positive for Covid so had to postpone his fight with which oponent. Originnaly due to take place July 24?
8. The triskele on the Isle of Man coat of Arms shows 3 bent what?
9. Scotland is divided into 32 areas designated as “council areas”. The Isle of Arran comes under the control of which council area?
10. Complete the title of this American CGI animated children’s television series: Sofia The….
11. How many sides of equal length does a Rhombus have?
Tie BreakThe final episode of Brookside was broadcast in which year? 2003
1. Which Roald Dahl book tells the story of a young girl with special abilities and powers, who to avoid frustration carries out pranks such as gluing her father’s hat to his head?
2. The talus is a bone found where in your body? Hand, foot, mouth.
3. What was the name of John Travoltas character in Saturday Night Fever?
Anthony “Tony” Manero
4. Bobby Gillespie is the lead singer of which Scottish band?
5. WW2 battles: Which battles took place on mainland Europe and lasted 2 weeks & 2 days 16 April – 2 May 1945?
Battle of Berlin
6. Within which profession is the ICIJ a global network? Joiners, Reporters < Chefs Judges
7. Robert Lindsay & Zoë Wanamaker starred together on which sitcom between 2000 & 2011?
8. At time of his death, Paul Newman had been married for 50 years to what actress?
9. What “S” is the female part of a flower that receives pollen?
Stigma (Stamen produces the Pollen)
10. Which late actress played “Polly” Gray in Peaky Blinders?