1. Spelling – biennially – occurring every two years. (There is a difference between biennially & biannually. Biennially means once every two years whereas biannually means twice per year).
2. Kylie is an Aboriginal word for a hunting stick.
3. Which song opens with the words “Clock strikes upon the hour – And the sun begins to fade, Still enough time to figure out. How to chase my blues away”
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
4. The governemt add 57.95 p p/litre of Fuel Excise Duty on LPG. What does LPG stand for?
Liquefied petroleum gas
5. What is the lowest number that cannot be scored with a single dart?
6. Finnieston is an area of Glasgow that sits on what side of the river, north south?
7. Which brewing company is the parent company of John Smith’s, having purchased the brand in 2008?
8. Andy Goram played for the Scottish national teams in which two sports?
Football & Cricket
9. What is the opposite of evaporation?
10. What T is the Spanish word for both weather and time?
1. What was the title of the 1st James Bond film?
2. Audio clip – George Galloway – “Now would you like me… to be the cat”.
3. A wax model of the boxer Sonny Liston appears on which album cover?
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. “Say what you see” was a catchphrase used in which TV gameshow?
5. Louise Redknapp was a member of which girl group?
1. The Broons is published weekly in which SP?
2. Which TC refers to winning the 3 most prestigious tournaments in professional snooker?
3. In 1997 Maureen Rees became a reality TV star from appearing in which DS?
4. The Battle of … which BF, was the last significant battle of the Wars of the Roses?
5. Nymphéas by Claude Monet was a series of paintings known as what WL?
1. P&O was a British shipping company dating from the early 19th century. What did the letters P & O stand for? (Sold on and became different branded companies)
Peninsular and Oriental
2. Who are the most recent British team to win the Europa League?
Chelsea (beat Arsenal 4-1 in 2019)
3. Stock Aitken Waterman were a music production trio. Which one was called Matt?
4. Who is regarded as Britains 1st ever & longest serving Prime Minister ever?
5. TF: Despite being the most successful olympian of all time, Michael Phelps only competed at 2 different Olympic Games? 2004 & 2008.
FALSE (he competed at 4 games)
6. The Kingsway, Queesway & the railway are three tunnels that run under which river?
7. In 2022 who created history as the first female rider to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup?
8. Which layer of the atmosphere is between the stratosphere and the thermosphere?
Of the 57 people pictured on the Sgt Peppers cover, how many are still alive?
New Bunk No
Without realising it.