Quiz Number #406
1. Spelling – Moroccan (nationality or dialect of Arabic and French)
2. TF: The Moon rotates around its own axis.
TRUE (The time it takes for the Moon to rotate once on its axis is equal to the time it takes for the Moon to orbit once around Earth. This keeps the same side of the Moon facing towards Earth throughout the month.)
3. What colour light is found on the starboard side of a ship?
4. Lyrics: They say we’re young and we don’t know. Won’t find out till we grow.
I Got You Babe
5. What is the civilian identity name of Wonder Woman?
6. Which word can mean a male rabbit or a slang for American currency?
7. The Isle of Man is located in which sea?
8. Which of these events happened first. Start of World War II. End of Spanish Civil War?
End Spanish Civil War
9. Year? The first of 2 fires at The Glasgow School of Art. Uptown Funk is amonst the year’s best selling songs. David Moyes is sacked as Manager of Manchester United.
10. Which author, wrote books such as The Hunt for Red October & Patriot Games. His work also inspiring Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Splinter Cell video games?
11. Which javelin thrower won BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 1987?
1. The letters frm the word salesman can be rearranged to form which other 2 8 letter words.
Nameless | LAMENESS
2. Wynne Evans is most famous for starring in which TV adverts?
3. When fully grown, which of these creatures has the most teeth?
Lion, Wolf, Horse, Snail <
4. Tina Barrett, Hannah Spearritt & Rachel Stevens were all members of which pop group?
S Club 7
5. The number of on-field players of a rugby league team + rugby union team = ?
28 (13 + 15)
6. Which actor has starred in TV series such as This Life, Teachers & The Walking Dead?
7. A 50p coin is classed as an equilateral curved version of which shape?
8. In which one of the following circumstances is it okay NOT to wear a seatbelt?
Driving below 10mph
When you are reversing <
When your hazzard lights are flashing
9. Which 1993 film does Michael Douglas’s character have a mental breakdown and leaves his car in a traffic jam in Los Angeles and decides to walk?
10. By surface area: Which is the largest loch/lake in Great Britain? (Not NI)
11. The Prince of Wales is first in line to the throne. Who is 5th?
Prince Louis of Cambridge
1. The roman numeral XL represents which number?
2. Which word is missing from these film titles: Goes to Monte Carlo | Rides Again | Goes Bananas?
3. Which E is a word meaning “(of a person) giving their name to something.”
4. Bookmakers use a system of hand signals to communicate prices and bets to each other. This system is know as what?
5. If you ordered Sauerkraut in Germany, what would you get.
Sausage | Egg Noodles | Cabbage <
6. TF: Arachnophobia is the fear of arachnids.
7. A group of jellyfish is known as what? Smack < | Smash | Crash | Mash
8. Thai food: What is Tom yum?
Rice dish. Bread. Soup <
9. Sugarloaf Mountain overlooks which city?
Rio de Janeiro
10. How many pips does the BBC broadcast to mark each hour ?
What is the thickness of a 50p coin?