Quiz Number #405
1. Spelling – embarrass .cause (someone) to feel awkward, self-conscious, or ashamed.
2. Which of the new sports introduced at this year’s Olympics includes 3 disciplines being Speed, Bouldering & Lead?
3. A spreadsheet is made up of rows & columns. Which go horizontally?
4. “Consider Yourself” & “As Long as He Needs Me” are songs from which musical?
5. Scotland international Lyndon Dykes was born and raised in which country?
6. In which 2015 film did Tom Hardy play the parts of both Ronald & Reggie Kray?
7. Which married couple have amassed a total of 12 Olympic gold medals between them?
Jason & Laura Kenny
8. Some employees of the SFRS work wholetime, some work on the Retained Duty System. What does SFRS stand for?
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
9. Which Danish consumer review website, which handles over 1 million reviews every month, has a green star in their logo?
10. Who is the host of the TV game show “Would I Lie to You?”?
11. Instruments in an Orchestra are catagorised into 4 families. Which family does the xylophone belong?
1. Music – 5 letter word – BAKER
2. What is the highest denomination of banknote issued by the Clydesdale Bank?
3. What term in poker refers to the cost to enter a tournament, or the minimum amount needed to sit down in a cash game?
4. The Heist, Apocalypse & The Great Art Robbery are all TV specials made by which illusionist?
5. Who are the current Six Nations champions?
6. DCI, ACC, FLo, which of these 3 ranks in the police is highest?
ACC (Assistant Chief Constable)
7. Which ET is the world’s most advanced swing-role combat aircraft?
8. Which bridge across the Clyde carries traffic on the A898 road?
9. Crisps: Wotsits are made with peices of what? Potato, rice, corn?
10. Moon Jae-in is the president of which country?
11. Which year: Re-election of Margaret Thatcher. There was a Great storm with hurricane-force winds in the UK. “Never Gonna Give You Up” was a number 1 hit single in 25 countries for Rick Astley.
1. The inner angles of a hexagon are 120 degrees. What are the inner angles of an octagon?
2. Which 1973 film about a cowboy themed amusement park populated by android “hosts” was recreated into a TV series starring Anthony Hopkins?
3. Long-eared, short eared, snowy & tawney are all varieties of which bird?
4. On clothes labels that are machine washable then you’ll see the tub icon on the label. If the number says 40, does it mean centigrade or fahrenheit?
5. Which is the only original UK Beatles album sleeve to show neither the artist name nor the album title on its front cover?
6. The Cheltenham Festival takes place every year in which month?
7. Ghent is the 2nd most populated city of which European country?
8. Which famous New York hotel, gives it’s name to a salad with walnuts and a heckling muppet?
9. Lord nelson died onboard which ship?
10. The Fox, Jetta & the Sharan are all models of car made by which car manufacturer?
– how old was Lord Nelson when he died?
How many UK number 1 hits did Rick Astley have?